Today I received an email from one of my girlie friends about growing up in the
80’s. I couldn’t resist commenting on a few of my favorites.
You Know You Grew Up In the 80's if:
1. You can sing the rap to the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air and can do the Carlton.
“Here is a story all about how my life got turned flipped upside down.” Yeah baby!
2. You got super-excited when it was Oregon Trail day in computer class at school.
I didn’t have a flipping clue what a broken axel meant but I sure as heck knew it would be catastrophic to my covered wagon.
3. You know the profound meaning of " WAX ON , WAX OFF"
4. You wanted to be a Goonie.
I soooo wanted to be that hot Andie chick.
5. You remember boom boxes and walking around with one on your shoulder.
Anyone else remember getting caught with the bootleg cassette tape of NWA?
6. You thought Doogie Howser/Samantha Micelli was hot.
Boy how things change. Doogie is still hot but unfortunately is hitting for the other team and Sam looks like a run through crack whore. We are talking lose, lose situation here.
7. You know all the words to Bon Jovi - SHOT THROUGH THE HEART.
….and it still gets your motor running. (Watch the New Year’s Eve episode of How I Met Your Mother staring Neil Patrick Harris a.k.a. Doogie.)
8. You tight rolled your jeans.
SERIOUSLY! What the #$@* was that all about? I did it, but I’m not even really sure why?